Okay, so I have FINALLY gotten part of the plot stuff starting to come together re: The Sacrifice. But it still needs to percolate a bit. So what I’m going to do is… I’m going to reschedule the pre-order for the sacrifice everywhere to April and I’m first going to finish up the Berserker novella which I think I can probably have to you guys by the end of this month or early February but it keeps me more or less on track with my publishing schedule.
I had wanted to release The Sacrifice first because it’s the second book in The Proposal duet and I didn’t want there to be this giant lag from release of The Proposal to this. BUT I can’t rush or force a story that still needs to percolate and I already know more what I want to do with the Berserker story and it’s shorter. Plus there is ZERO pressure with it because I don’t have a due date or pre-order date. I can just write it and drop it. Most likely the BERSERKER story, as a sort of prelude to the Berserker/Valkyrie world, will be a novella so it will be an ebook release only which makes it a lot easier logistically to handle.
So that’s where we are.
ETA: I decided to go ahead and delist The Sacrifice everywhere because I remembered nobody’s cards get charged for a pre-order until the book actually releases so nobody is losing anything and it’s much easier than putting more pressure on myself for a new due date. This book will be ready when it’s ready and I don’t need to be setting up pre-orders THIS early in the writing. Usually I don’t set up any kind of pre-order until I’m at least 3/4 of the way through and know where it’s going. So that was an error on my part. But I don’t want to change the date multiple times so I’m just going to go ahead and cancel it for now and then bring it back when it’s actually READY.